- State-owned China Construction Bank (CCB) enters fintech partnership with Tencent.
- Altaba to sell Alibaba shares, shut shop.
- AI will weaken people's dependence on cell phones in two decades, says Li Yanhong, CEO of Baidu.
- MIT terminates funding and research links with China’s Huawei and ZTE.
- Check Point security tracks Xiaomi phones’ security flaw to preinstalled Guard Provider app.
- Alibaba, Baidu and Tencent remain China's dominant ad players with 60% market share.
- Hellobike reportedly seeks USD 500 million in funding round.
(Reported by Shuyue Li, intern at The Passage)