- Didi, Meituan claim to have deregistered 200,000 ride-sharing cars in Nanjing.
- Baidu Waimai rebrands as Star.Ele; further merges with Ele.me in business structure.
- Huawei ranks third, after Samsung and Apple, in global mobile sales in September.
- Alibaba denies Indian reports on Paytm’s potential acquisition of UCWeb.
- HTC plans to launch blockchain smartphone Exodus on Oct 22.
- Livestreaming platform Yizhibo officially merges into Weibo of Sina Corporation.
- Goldman Sachs buys Meituan-Dianping shares over USD 540 million.
- C Ventures leads series E+ round in Chinese streetwear E-commerce platform YOHO!
- Jinri Toutiao launches e-commerce app Zhidian.
(Reported by Mengjuan Li, an intern with The Passage.)